Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Grievous Angel - Funky Manifesto



I am into this. Grevious Angel, big man in the scene, heavy with meticulous mp3 metadata + tracklists, has put together a new uk funky/whatdoyoucallit compilation. Instead of trying to hunt down the crucual tunes, which must be quite a challenge, GA has spliced together bunch of radio sets, and the result is BIG.


This is not a mix. Rather, this is a compilation of the best UK Funky I could find, taken from radio shows. I’m NOT pretending I have these tunes. Rather, I’m showcasing the best in UK Funky. Because, while funky is wonderful, there’s a lot of tunes out there I don’t like that much, and I wanted an hour of music I could point that would say, “this is what I want. This is what I want to make.”


http://blog.grievousangel.net/funky-manifesto-a-compilation-of-superb-uk-funky-radio-rips

No comments: